Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tubal Reversal For Women Who Regret Having Their Tubes Tied

Many women that come to Dr. Berger for their tubal reversal procedure often state that the reason for having the surgery is that they have regretted having their tubes tied in the first place. It is our mission that tubal reversal surgery with Dr. Berger will restore hope, fertility, and the opportunity to have children for 800 more couples, as we have done each year in the past. The Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center message board offers women a chance to see that they are not alone in their feelings and desire for the tubal reversal procedure.

Tubal Reversal Discussion on the Tubal Reversal Message Board:
A new Tubal Reversal Message Board member says, "Hi everyone. My name is Kate and I had my TL in 2004 after my second son. I regretted it from that day. I would like to get a tubal reversal but my doctor said because they were burned, cut, and tied that it was probably not likely to have them repaired. She actually referred me to an In vitro clinic. I'm just checking out my options right now after coming across this site." Kate receives many responses from other message board members about the advantages of tubal reversal and assurance that the fallopian tubes can be repaired by Dr. Berger even after they have been tied, cut and burned. It is apparent that many people, including doctors, mistakenly believe that tubal ligation is permanent and cannot be reversed. In fact, the rate of successful reversal is over 90% among Dr. Berger's tubal reversal patients.

Posted by Patiently waiting (Member # 11777) on December 29, 2007 12:23 PM:

Hi everyone. My name is Kate and I had my TL in 2004 after my second son...I regreted it from that day. I would like to get a TR but Im kind of sceptical about it. My doctor said because they were burned, cut, and tied that it was probably not likely to have them repaired. She actually refered me to an Invitro dr....anyway, Im just checking out my options right now and I came across this site....I guess we'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted by mamasoup8 (Member # 11212) on December 29, 2007 12:38 PM:


I had that procedure Kate, and ended up with tubes of okay lengths! Dr. B is the best! I just had TR in November, so I can't report a BFP yet, but I'm hoping! Good luck in your decision- Traci

Posted by PaulnJenn (Member # 10984) on December 29, 2007 02:17 PM:


Kate,
Send your operative reports to Dr.B and you will be able to find out if you are a good candidate for surgery.The type of TL that you have had has a lot of successful pregnancies.(on the weekly pregnancy lists) The great thing about TR is that you can try every month without the expense of IVF.
Jenn
TL-04/99
TR-11/19/07

Posted by in-Gods-hands (Member # 11795) on December 29, 2007 03:58 PM:


Kate I hope you all the best. My doctor told me about going to Dr. Berger for my TR because of the way he did my TL. So look into everything before you say a door is closed. Dr.Berger said that he could do my TR so now we are working to getting on done in March of 2008.

Posted by LAG (Member # 7053) on December 29, 2007 05:34 PM:


Hi Kate, I had the same thing done (called a modified pomeroy). I got a BFP two months after TR but it ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks due to chromosomal abnormality. I have had a long year since then and haven't been able to try the whole time, but I am currently 5 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow. I ended up with 7cm on each side. Dr. Berger is very good at what he does. I would rather know I have a shot each and every month than pay $10,000 for a gamble per month, not to mention the toll on your body from all the fertility drugs and trauma to your ovaries.
God Bless and good luck!

Posted by Patiently waiting (Member # 11777) on December 29, 2007 06:56 PM:


Hello again,
I have a second question.....I have not cycled in 7 months ( my TL was in 2004) and Im wondering if this would affect my chances of a successful TR or if this is even something to worry about. My gyn dr say that it is just from stress....trust me, I have a 3 yr old and a 4 yr old but I am not that stressed....what does everyone else think about this? She wanted to give me Depo to make my body cycle but I refused....any comments? [Confused]

Posted by in-Gods-hands (Member # 11795) on December 29, 2007 09:27 PM:

After my TL my cycle messed all up. It has not been normal after the TL. I did the shot no help and then did pills for away and still no help. Could be stress that does happen but the foods you are eating could too. If you are not taking in everything your body needs your cycle could stop. Pray about it and hang in there cause some times it helps to know your not alone. I went all most 7 months was the longs for me.

Posted by cnrstepp (Member # 11810) on January 01, 2008 09:27 AM:


Hi! My cycle has been all off whack since my TL, too. I have more painful periods now than ever before. I am hoping that things will even out once I have my TR.
I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Berger and his staff. If anyone can give you a chance, it will be them!!
Cora
TL: 10-1994
TR: hoping for March/April

Posted by Rhonda Brown, RN (Member # 9485) on January 02, 2008 08:19 AM:

Welcome to the board. I am glad to hear that you are thinking of having tubal reversal surgery. Dr. Berger has performed the reversal procedure on patients will all types of tubal ligations.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or if I can assist you with anything. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting you in the near future.
RhondaB@tubal-reversal.net
Rhonda

Posted by cf4063 (Member # 11864) on January 03, 2008 04:10 AM:

My TL-3/2002. I am so excited to have a child by my husband now!! I am really hoping for the TR in early April!! I love to read the stories of success and high hopes!! Good luck girls!! I can't wait to post my EDD!!!

No comments: