Friday, December 28, 2007

Pregnant At Age 44 Following Tubal Reversal Surgery With Dr. Berger

A member of the Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center Message Board posts "I was a member here several years ago. I had my reversal done by Dr. Berger 3 years ago. I had all but given up hope but now I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant at the age of 44!" Many times women age 40 or over who have had tubal ligation are encouraged to undergo IVF with donor egg due to their age. Tubal Reversal surgery with Dr. Berger gives women of any age the chance to conceive a child naturally. In a study performed by Dr. Berger, pregnancy rates after tubal reversal were higher than after IVF within every age group. Similarly, birth rates were higher after tubal reversal at Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center than after IVF for women of all ages and the differences increased with increasing maternal age.

This is topic hi again in forum New Message Board Members at Tubal Reversal Message Board.

Posted by debbiem (Member # 11820) on December 18, 2007 10:15 AM:
I was a member here several years ago. I had my reversal done by Dr. Berger 3 years ago. I had all but given up hope but now I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant at the age of 44!
I'm going to post a more specific message on the age & tubal reversal forum, but just wanted to introduce myself again and say to not give up hope if it isn't happening as soon as you would like!

Posted by So_Blessed (Member # 11773) on December 18, 2007 10:54 AM:
debbiem,I have a new motto that fits your situation perfectly. "A delay from GOD is not a denial" we have to stay faithful. I was a little concerned about not conceiving after TR but I see all things are possible. Stay Prayerful.
So_Blessed

Posted by in-Gods-hands (Member # 11795) on December 18, 2007 03:37 PM:
So true so-blessed.It is great to hear that after all this time you are getting that little one debbiem. Never give up hope for hope is fought in God and he can do anything.I am so happy for you.

Posted by Stephanie RN (Member # 460) on December 19, 2007 12:57 PM:
Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing this information and please keep us posted on your pregnancy.

Posted by Sarah Dziadosz (Member # 11326) on December 19, 2007 01:06 PM:
Congratulations, that is fabulous news! Sarah

Posted by lesliebrown569 (Member # 7110) on December 19, 2007 02:01 PM:
congrats debbiem!! what year were you on here? I have been up here since 04
LeslieEDD~ 8/4/08TR~4/20/07

Posted by cnrstepp (Member # 11810) on December 26, 2007 02:46 PM:
Wonderful!!!Cora

Posted by aussiewife33 (Member # 10263) on December 27, 2007 08:07 PM:
i am so excited for you thats wounderful news.....how exciting. i wihs you the best..... i agree with you that if you stay faithful like abrahams wife you will be blessed . sometimes we just get tested on our patience.

No comments: