Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Tubal Reversal Surgery in Mexico

Tubal Reversal Surgery in Mexico was the worst experience of my entire life.

A new member of the Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center Message Board shares her "horrible experience" and poor outcome after traveling to Mexico to have tubal reversal surgery. At the time she was motivated by the lower fees she saw advertised, but found that the experience with the other doctor to be a bad one and not worth the savings. She has now chosen Dr. Gary Berger as her tubal reversal surgeon and plans to travel to North Carolina for a repeat repair and a second chance to have a baby with her partner.
----------------------------------

Posted by browneyedangel September 05, 2007 01:24 PM:

Good afternoon! I am writing to let everyone know about what happened to me when I had tubal reversal surgery in Mexico this past January. It was the WORST experience of my entire life!!!!!!! I investigated tubal reversal very well, at least I thought I did. My boyfriend and I decided to go to Mexico because it was half the cost of having tubal reversal in the United States. I took a loan out of my pension, and we scrimped and saved for the remainder of the money.When I arrived in Mexico, I was told via translation from a co-worker of my boyfriend, because the nurses didn't speak English AT ALL! I was informed that I was to have surgery in a half hour. I wasn't prepared at all. I was scheduled to have it the next morning. But, three hours of surgery, it was to take an hour, I was wheeled back to my room. I was in MAJOR pain!!!!!!!!!

Long story short, I arrived back into the states and was in the emergency room in Philadelphia. I was then in the emergency room of my local hospital two days later because my physician thought that I had complications from the surgery. Two months ago I had an HSG done and was told that the surgery didn't work. I have 5cm of tubes on both sides, and my insurance company won't cover my infertility treatments or anything because I had my tubes reversed. However, if I did get pregnant they would cover me.I am now divorced, and almost 42 years old. I've been with my boyfriend for 1 1/2 years. We DESPERATELY want to have children.

I found Dr. Berger's web site and spoke to the RN, who was very nice and kind. I can have the tubal reversal redone by Dr. Berger. The problem is now having to come up with the money again. My boyfriend refuses to take out a loan for the surgery. I am not able to take out another loan on my pension. I had a horrible outcome from it. We really want a child, and are very mad that we didn't just save up more money and go to Dr. Berger in the first place.

Please pray for us that we are able to come up with the money to have Dr. Berger help us. WE DESPERATELY WANT TO HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER!!!!!!
God Bless!
----------------------------------

Posted by ANANICKY07 (Member # 11330) September 05, 2007 01:34 PM:

Browneyedangel - I am sorry about the horrible time you had with your TR done in Mexico. There is a payment plan with DR. Berger that could interest you. I will pray for you and your boyfriend.

Come visit us in waiting room # part 18. There are alot of women saving, TTC and more. BIG SUPPORT GROUP.. Welcome back to the board.
----------------------------------

Posted by Holden (Member # 11265) September 05, 2007 01:51 PM:

Browneyedangel...I am so sorry about everything you have been through. Good Luck with coming up with the money to have Dr. Berger do your surgery....where there is a will there is a way!!!

Good Luck and Prayers to you friend....
Lisa H. TR: 10/04/07
P.S. You can join us in "The Waiting Room Part 18"...
----------------------------------

Posted by TR Moderator (Member # 5545) September 05, 2007 02:12 PM:

Dear Browneyedangel:
I am so sorry your experience at the other facility was not a good one and look forward to having you here for a re-reversal with Dr. Berger in the future. However, please remember that our rules for posting strictly prohibit name calling or negative comments about other doctors. For that reason, I have edited your post so that names have been removed. It is fine to write generically about your experiences, but flaming or criticizing other doctors is not allowed.

Thanks! We will look forward to meeting you! Please let us know if you have questions.
TR Moderator
----------------------------------

This is topic Tubal Reversal in Mexico in forum New Message Board Members at Tubal Reversal Message Board.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://forums.tubal-reversal.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/6/2751.html

1 comment:

Trek1954 said...

Dear Browneyedangel,

I am very sorry for your experience. Before posting this I have really struggled, because as much as I had some positive things while I was over there,I cannot, in good conscience, lie. God told me that he would want me to tell the truth to protect any others who are struggling in this area.

You are not alone. I too, came back with an infection and also had some complications while I was there. Luckily, my doctor in the USA put me on CIPRO and I am feeling much better.

I liked the doctor and he was very good, but the sanity practices in Mexico are different than they are here in the USA. The nurses do not wear gloves (some do, some don't) and there is not a hazard bucket to put needles in. One nurse left the needle out laying on the table, and I was left to vomit in a trash can. I was also operated on earlier than expected, which I contribute as to why my vomiting episodes were so bad. The surgery room was not cold like it is here in the US. I was given too much anesthesia and was paralized from the neck down. I could not even turn my head and I felt like I had to vomit. The good news is that I did have a complication that the doctor fixed. But I mention this because while I was on the operating table, all I could think about was if I died, what would become of me? It was very scary and I cried a lot when I made it back home..

I do believe that others have had good experiences and that many have gotten pregnant, but for you and me and you, our experience was different.

I am truly sorry for what you endured. I know how much it must have hurt to then have been critized rather than supported and loved by your USA nieghbors. It wss bad enough what you experienced. You must have felt so alone.

After my flight ticket, I spent a total of $4,582. That is a difference of $1.318 with Dr. Berger. If I were to do it all over again, I would have lost the weight needed and just gotten the extra $1,318 when my income tax came. There is no place like home and I am proud to be an American.

The doctor was very qualified, and I want to stress that he was very good. I am still in my recovery period and don't know yet of my outcome. Please pray for me during my recovery. It's all in God's hands now...

May God be with you,
Susan