Monday, December 3, 2007

Is Tubal Reversal Surgery The Right Step For You And Your Partner?

Many times the partners of potential patients have questions and concerns regarding the right physician for tubal reversal surgery. The Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center message board offers an avenue of information for partners to discuss tubal reversal surgery and to gain the support and information that they need to chose the right step for their family .

This is topic Help DH Choosing TR Dr.!! in forum New Message Board Members at Tubal Reversal Message Board.

Posted by KimBE (Member # 8677) December 02, 2007 06:27 PM: Hi, my DH is choosing between Dr. Berger and our local TR Dr. I told him I'll have a lot of support here on line, and that the ladies encourage my soul dearly. He have read some messages on the board. We are not't going to have my tr until 1/09 because I just started my new job 6 months ago and my flex will pay only $3,000 the first of Jan. 08, and another $3,000 the first of 1/09. Anyway I need him to know how important it is to chose Dr. Berger. He is worried something bad will happen to me. He wants another baby (boy), but He don\'t't like surgry. What can i do? KimBE


Posted by Luckypj's (Member # 9974) December 02, 2007 07:40 PM: Kim,In my opinion, there is no other choice but Dr. Berger for TR. The surgery is so precise and so specialized that a doctor must perform this surgery 4 to 5 times a day to achieve good results. This is what Dr. Berger does. This is ALL he does. I had my TR in December and got my BFP in February. My DD is now 7 weeks old! Dr. Berger and his staff are so wonderful and so caring. They put you right at ease the moment you enter his office. Before TR I saw a very prominent RE. It was clear I was just another patient, a number with a checkbook. Dr. Berger and his staff made me feel as if I was their only patient. My ob/gyn called Chapel Hill while I was pregnant and they were very cooperative and gave him all the info he needed. He was so impressed he has already referred another patient to Dr. B! It is definitely worth the trip to Chapel Hill. We can't wait to go back and introduce everyone to our miracle baby! I hope this helps you out. Welcome to the board and good luck!


Posted by KimBE (Member # 8677) December 02, 2007 08:02 PM: Thanks Luckypj's. I want Dr. Berger to do my TR. I want my dh to chose Dr. Berger aswhile. I don't wnat to go to our local TR DR. He is new to the tr here, and have done 3-4 women. He specialize in male vr. He doesn't seem what is the word?? Like Dr. Berger and staff which is very interested in us, our feelings, and cocerns.I hope my dh gets that. Kim


Posted by KimBE (Member # 8677) December 02, 2007 08:07 PM: Congrets on the new baby what is her name? We have 3dd and 0 dd.


Posted by rkandlm (Member # 6776) December 02, 2007 08:07 PM: Kim,I agree that there is no other choice. Dr B is the best. I am currently pregnant with TR baby #2.I have met women who have gone to local TR doctors, and none of them have had as good of sn outcome as me. They had more pain, had to stay in the hospital, and haven't gotten pregnant yet. I too was worried that finding a doctor on the internet might be scarey, but I went with my gut, and I am SO glad I did. I even joked to people that I was worried I would show up in CH and Dateline would be there saying I had been scamed! BOY OH BOY....it was nothing like that. It was a beautiful, loving place, that fixed me more then good! Have you DH get on and post, let us tell him ourselves, we can even have our DHs get on with their opinions! LisaEDD 3-30-08 withTR baby #2....It's a girl!!!

Posted by KimBE (Member # 8677) December 02, 2007 08:45 PM: Our local tr dr. wanted to make a small cut up and down my lower abdoman, and keep me over night in the hospital. He also said no work for 1 week. I can do no work for one week but no over night hospital stays. hotals yes, hospital NO! lol my dh didn't go to the appt with me at our local here. Kim

Posted by KimBE (Member # 8677) December 02, 2007 08:51 PM: I'll be happy to have him to get online and post. He is sleep right now. He's tired he took our girls to church, and cooked. I wasn't feeling well this morning so i didn't get to go. I have to work tonight 3rd shift. I'll be sure to let him know to get on tommorrow night. Be watching him in the message. Thanks tr sisters Kim

Posted by KimBE (Member # 8677) December 02, 2007 09:13 PM: i meant 3dd and 0 dslol kim

Posted by **hopes** (Member # 8326) December 02, 2007 10:32 PM: KimBE,I looked into TR doctors for two years before I went to Dr. Berger. I had consults with two local doctors and looked into another nationally known doctor and Dr. Berger. I went with Dr. Berger because he was so upfront with his stats. ALso, the local doctors only did around 15 TR per year. I ended up choosing Dr. Berger and had one of the local doctors that I consulted with be my new OB.Dr. Berger did my surgery July 2006. My local doctor saw me three days after surgery and mentioned how impressed he was at how I was moving around. My TR baby was born only 10 months after my TR surgery. I am so thankful I went to Dr. Berger.I know its really hard to put your fate into someone you have never met. Please trust me when I say, that going to Dr. Berger was the best choice I ever made.**hopes**TR July 06TR baby boy born May 07

Posted by Rhonda Brown, RN (Member # 9485) December 03, 2007 06:03 AM: Dear KimBE,We have seen many times here where the DH is very hesitant about surgery. It is a big step and I think that they have a hard time with the thoughts of their partner going through surgery. Sometimes even though they want more kids, it is a big step and responsibility for them. Communication and information is the key. You could always order the tubal reversal video and this may help. Let me know if either of you have any questions. Good luck and I hope to meet you in the future. Rhonda

Posted by sillypuddha (Member # 11649) December 03, 2007 11:40 AM: My husband was also very skeptical about having surgery by a doctor whom we had never met, especially after knowing the last doctor, and he basically became a butcher. My husband had a lot of fears, and so did I. We weren't sure if going to a doctor we found on the internet was a wise decision, but we decided to order the dvd just to see. Well, let me just say that after watching the dvd, and seeing just how skilled Dr. B really is, our worries melted away, and my husband was more than sure that he wanted this to be our TR doctor.Where else can you actually go on line and check stats, talk with others, and even check out other independent sites and see the same thing--that Dr. B and his staff are truelly amazing. I felt so at ease from the time I saw the video, started calling and asking questions, and started sharing with others online. I just had my TR last Thursday--November 29th, and in all honesty, I feel great. I had PTLS really bad, as well as wanting to be blessed with another baby, and all I can say, is that I already feel a definate difference. I cannot express how greatful I am that we went with Dr. Berger. He and his staff are just truelly incredible, loving, warm people, and the people you meet on here are so supportive and wonderful. To me and my husband, there is no other choice other than Dr. B and Chapel Hill, and he and I fully recommend them to anyone and everyone thinking about TR.

Posted by jarz (Member # 9286) December 03, 2007 12:21 PM: My DH was so afraid of me traveling across the country for a surgery with a Dr. I had never even met before, he too was afraid something bad was going to happen to me etc. But I was bound and determined to go to Dr. B. When I made it home safely (DH couldn't go so my sis went with me) he was happy and then after a couple of very trying PG's when I have had issues he asks me if I asked the Dr. in N.C. what he thinks. even before he asks if I have spoken to my regular Dr. here, he always asks what Dr. B thinks or if I asked Dr.B what to do. All of the staff at Chapel Hill take care of you as if you were their own daughter...I know it may sound corny or over the top but it is true. You will leave there and wonder why the rest of the medical community can't be like them. It was the best surgical experience I have ever gone thru and since I have been PG twice, it was successful too. Good luck with you decision.JO

No comments: