Saturday, February 9, 2008

Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome After Tubal Reversal

What Happens to Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome After Tubal Reversal?

Tubal Reversal Message Board members discuss the difference in their symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome before and after tubal reversal surgery.


One members states, "I had my tubal reversal due to PTLS. I had a lot of bad symptoms. Mine were fits of rage, no sex drive, could not sleep, weight gain, hair loss, depressed (never was before), terrible long AF's. I had the tubal reversal in 3/06 and by the time of my first cycle most of them were gone. I was much better and my family saw a huge difference in me without me even asking around 3 months. My first AF cycle was back to pre-TL. I was very fortunate that my surgery was a complete success and this happened for me very soon after TR." Another reports, "It takes about a full cycle and you'll notice the difference. I don't know how it works or why, but it works. It's truly amazing."

The following is the topic PTLS after TR in forum After Tubal Reversal on the Tubal Reversal Message Board.

Posted by heavenlycreation (Member # 11842) on February 09, 2008 02:51 PM:

I had my TR on 2/4, not because I'm trying to have another baby, but because of PTLS. I've not been myself since my TL in April of 07. It started w/ weird, electric shock type of headaches, that I can feel in my mouth and face, and then turned into these mental states where I just feel frozen and disconnected, not wanting to be around people. Social situations became very uncomfortable, even playing with my children was not the same. I feel brain dead all the time, and can't concentrate on anything. I thought I was going crazy until I found out about PTLS in Dec 07. God answered my prayers when I was able to schedule my surgery in Jan.

Now I'm 5 days past my surgery and wondering when I'm going to be normal again. I wonder if there is anyone else out there like me, who had the same symptoms. I just wish I knew what to expect. The unknown is so hard to deal with. Today I definitely feel different than before the surgery. I have a racing heartbeat, lightheaded, headache, and some light vaginal bleeding. All of those things on top of my usual symptoms, that have not gone away yet. I'm hoping that the new symptoms are due to hormone changes, which would be a good thing!

If any of you have experienced the same things, when did you feel normal again after the TR? If my new symptoms are from hormone changes, how long should that last?

Tiffany

Posted by mama12 (Member # 11260) on February 09, 2008 03:17 PM:

It takes about a full cycle and you'll notice. I got pregnant right after, had a MC and even the MC was less than my normal period bleeding.

I had a rough AF last month, I o'd on my non tube side, this month though??? A PIECE of cake, my worst symptoms were the usual bloating water weight which is normal PMS and sore BB's that's it LOLOLOLOL I cannot even smile huge enough to show how happy I am to have relief!!! My AF? Almost over and started on the 7th.

It takes a full cycle and gets better from there I promise!!!! You'll see. The first O I noticed increased sex drive, and I was warmer I was ALWAYS cold after T:, it's so nice. The perpetual pain in my ovaries??? GONE!

You should have only normal PMS symptoms, give it a month you'll see and it gets even better after, it did for me.

The disconnected fuzzy brain feeling was my very first symptom of PTLS and it is HELL. That was a huge flag to me all I could think was "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!" That is gone too. I'm back finally. Thank God. That was THE worst symptom of it all I think, when your heads in a fog life is just no fun you know that! Give it a little time you'll see what i'm talking about it all just goes away like magic.

PMS is a breeze in comparison to the C%^& I dealt with for 7 years. I don't know how it works or why Dr. Berger I don't think knows either but it works. It's truly amazing.

Give it 2 full cycles you'll get the full effect.

You should write down all your PTLS symptoms now while you remember them, then in 2 months see where you are at. You'll be surprised I bet!

PTLS was the MAIN reason I had this done, I want another baby, but that's not a guarantee, the PTLS thing though I was at the end I was DONE. I was not tolerating it any longer. I had a 14 day long period then I scheduled. It was truly my last step before hysterectomy.

Posted by Blessings (Member # 9736) on February 09, 2008 03:31 PM:

I also had my TR due to PTLS..I had alot of bad symptoms. Mine were fits of rage, no sex drive, could not sleep, weight gain, hair loss, depressed (never was before), terrible long AF's.

I had the TR in 3/06 and by the time of my first cycle most of them were gone. I was much better and my family saw a huge difference in me without me even asking around 3 months. My first AF cycle was back to pre-TL. I was very fortunate that my surgery was a complete success and this happen for me very soon after TR.

I hope you get relief soon. You do need to give it some time though, after being on this board for almost 2 years, everyone heals at a different pace and you cannot really compare yourself to anyone else.

Blessings, Christie

Posted by in-Gods-hands (Member # 11795) on February 09, 2008 05:27 PM:

Christie what you talked about sounds just like me right now. I am to get my TR in March-08. I am look forward to being me again. I just had a rage fit cause my son broke the paper holder on my printer. I have learnt to hold it in but that can not be good either. I can not wait till I am myself again. You lady's give me hope and ty for that. Miranda

Right now I am CD-31 so that is a big part of how I feel today. I just want to get away from everyone here at home or hide under the covers and stay in bed, lol.


More information on Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome (PTLS)

No comments: