Friday, February 29, 2008

Your Personal Journey From Tubal Ligation To Tubal Reversal Surgery

A member of the Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center message board asks for others women's reason for deciding to have tubal reversal surgery with Dr. Berger and how their journey began. Other members post their stories and give encouragement to one another. Many women often question their reasons for wanting to have tubal reversal surgery. The message board offers women a chance to talk about their questions and gather information to help them make the best decision for themselves and their families.


This is topic Your journey from TL to TR in forum New Message Board Members at Tubal Reversal Message Board.

Posted by 2girlsmama (Member # 12024) on February 26, 2008 05:12 PM:
Hi!
I'm newer to the board.I wanted to know what brought you to Dr. Berger and brought you on this journey?
The reason why I'm asking is I'm so confused what to do. I want to have the TR for PTLS symptoms but I want another baby too. My lovely DH started me on this journey when he said he often wishes we could of tried again for a boy. Hense my screen name 2girlsmama. Then after I find this wonderful site, and we find out that I'm not crazy and the feelings and symptoms I have are most likely due to PTLS, he decides that our family is complete and doesn't think we should do it to have DC but for my health, and since concluding I would have to do some form of birth control so that I was not pregnant all the time. So he has back down from wanting me to have the TR because he feels we are complete. He also thinks since I would have to be on the BC anyways why have the surgery!
I also just found out my best friend who has been nothing but supportive thru this process is pregnant, and it's funny because her and her DH thought their family was complete!!
I just wanted to see if others were like me struggling to make the decision to either have it or to not. I know it can only be up to me and my DH.Has anyone else's DH felt like they wanted the TR and then changed their mind? Also I take BC pills due to the heavy bleeding which I've been on now for a year, and I was going to try to go off them this month, I skip the normal day I start and immediately felt like crude, bloated.So I took the pills and this whole week I have felt like a bump on a log, nothing interests me, I'm short with my DDs and just want to crawl in hole. I don't know if it is depression or just disappointment in possibly not getting the TR.
Any opinions or stories would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Sherry

Posted by Blessings (Member # 9736) on February 26, 2008 05:35 PM:
Sherry,
My DH and I have 5 children together and I had the TR surgery due to the PTLS (BEST THING I EVER DID). We did not want anymore children since we have 5 already. Since my surgery I have not taken any precautions not to get pregnant.. we decided if it was God's will for us to have another baby that he will bless in this area , if not then that is okay too.
I feel like my old self before TL and for that it was well worth anything even if I never do have another baby.
I will be turning 40 soon and will take precautions not to get pregnant if I do not get that BFP very soon.
You could always have the surgery and if you later decide to TTC then you will have that option plus, you could help eleviate your PTLS symptoms.
Best of wishes, christie

Posted by sprocket (Member # 10860) on February 26, 2008 05:56 PM:
hi sherry,
i had my TL when i was 18 yrs old. i had already had 2 children and was in a very bad marriage, so i thought it best. well from then on until TR my periods were awful. always painful, 7 - 10 days long and very,very heavy. i had started looking into TR around the year 2000, b/c of my periods ( my doctor never would put me on the pill, said it was a waste b/c of TL) my husband at the time wouldn't hear of it. he said the period thing was a lie and i was trying to trap him with child support if we split up. needless to say i realized b/c of that and other things we didn't need to be together any longer. i suffered for 5 more years with the terrible pains . in 2005 i meet my soul mate. we discussed more children right off the bat and i explained about the TL and about the TR. he was all for it,after we got married. so we got married 3/7/07 and 5/2/07 we had the TR. he has 7yr old triplets from his 1st marriage and i have 2 teenagers from my 1st marriage. so in a sense we are complete also. we mainly did the TR b/c of my problem, but have since decided to try for more babies. to me if you are already on BC what would it hurt to have the surgery and then stay on them and later if you and DH decide to have more children you can. TR is most definately worth getting rid of PTLS. my periods are now only 3-5 days, alot less painful and no where near as heavy. good luck and best wishes.
danyelle

Posted by in-Gods-hands (Member # 11795) on February 27, 2008 08:45 AM:
Hi Sherry I had my TL in October of 03. I was in a marriage were things were not good and did not want to add any more children to the mix. I have moved on and God has blessed me with a great man. Funny thing is he is younger than me too. He does not have any children of his own but has took my 2 in as his own. He does all the daddy stuff even the sick stuff. I am getting the TR to make me feel better from the PTLS and if God choices to bless us with a baby we would love it. I am set to get my TR in March on the 24th.I remember that before my TL I loved getting out and doing things I loved life. After the TL I want to just stay home never get out a lot even though I love the great outdoors. I want to be myself again so I can be a better mom. I understand where you are coming from. If you want to you are welcome to come to the Waiting Room and talk with all the lady's in waiting. I wish you all the best in what you decided to do. Miranda

Posted by 2girlsmama (Member # 12024) on February 27, 2008 02:45 PM:
Ladies
Thank you for your tell me your stories.I want relief from these problems. I'm scared I will be the only one that doesn't benefit from this surgery. It's nice to hear when others have the same symptoms as me and having doctors telling them it all in their heads. Is the waiting room for posters already scheduled or for anyone considering the TR?
Sherry

Posted by hopefulin2008 (Member # 11297) on February 27, 2008 03:35 PM:
Hey ladies I hope its alright if I jump in! I have not had my TR yet but I am schudeled for Aug 4 so that will put me at 2 years and 8 months and some odd days between TL and TR. I am having my TR so that my DH and I can have another baby but not only that I would love some relief from the PTLS sysptoms that I have too. Hope you ladies are having a blessed day in the Lord! Jennifer in NC

Posted by in-Gods-hands (Member # 11795) on February 27, 2008 03:46 PM:
The Waiting Room is for all lady's waiting in some way. You are more than welcome even if you have not set your date yet. My name is Miranda and I am keeping the list going right now. I started caring for the list before I set my date. I was weired to put my own name on the list. I wish you all the best.

Posted by 2girlsmama (Member # 12024) on February 27, 2008 10:23 PM:
Thank you Miranda. I have read the posts in the Waiting Room. I'll have to go over and post. Thanks

Posted by beebeekinsers (Member # 12115) on February 29, 2008 10:39 AM:
Hello Ladies,
My journey begins almost ten years ago. I was 26, having my 4th child, and near the end of my marriage. I now have a wonderful DH, who married me 8 years ago, knowing that I could not have more children. We spoke of reversal early in our marriage, but were not fortunate enough at that time to find Dr. Berger. Suddenly, we began to talk about it again, after I found this web site, and we are both very excited bout the possibility. I have not scheduled the surgery yet, since we need to save the money up, and I also need to lose some weight. I'm 36 now, and feel confident that there is time for me. My kids are thrilled that we're planning this.

Posted by Lisa D. (Member # 11010) on February 29, 2008 12:13 PM:
Hi Sherry!

I didn't have PTLS, so I can't speak to that, but I can speak to the fear. I, too, was more than a little anxious about ttc again. So many questions and I would waffle back and forth between, yes I want another baby, well maybe that would be too much to add another child?-Always struggling to leave it in God's hands. Anyway, we went through with the surgery and I was soooo nervous because I assumed we would be just as fertile as we were before. I swear He would just breath on me and I would get preggers!!! LOL Well, here I am almost a year post TR (5/1/07) and not one BFP. Oh how I wish I could have the 'problem' of being too fertile!! So my point of all this is- I had nothing to worry about. We don't have to use protection, because it isn't easy for us to conceive anymore. We have to work at it and that seems to be the case for alot of gals here. Though, everyone is not the same and the type of your TL makes a difference. Just thought I'd share our experience. GL
Lisa

No comments: