Saturday, May 31, 2008

Early Pregnancy Symptoms Following Tubal Reversal

Jeannine asks on the Tubal Reversal Message Board for input from other message board members about early pregnancy symptoms with untied tubes. She posts, "Okay, I know you can find out what early pregnancy symptoms are on the web. However, I was wondering if some of the women on the board would share their early pregnancy symptoms and when did they start to experience them (how many DPO)." Pregnancy signs and symptoms differ among women and pregnancies. The most common early pregnancy sign is delayed menstruation. Some women experience pregnancy signs even before their period is delayed. For others, signs or symptoms will not develop over a few weeks or may not even be present at all. Understanding pregnancy signs and symptoms is important for women who have had their tubes untied. Dr. Berger recommends monitoring early pregnancy with quantitative serum HCG assays and scheduling an ultrasound exam when the HCG level reaches 1500. Dr. Berger and his staff at Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center want to be kept informed of all results. Chapel Hill Tubal Reversal Center is the only facility that exclusively performs tubal reversal surgery, and it has set a new standard for patient care by following up with patients and providing accurate, up-to-date pregnancy statistics.

This is topic Early Pregnancy Symptoms? in forum After Tubal Reversal at Tubal Reversal Message Board.


Posted by J9inOregon (Member # 11760) on April 23, 2008 12:09 AM:

Okay, I know you can find out what early pregnancy symptoms are on the web. However, I was wondering if some of the women on the board would share their early pregnancy symptoms and when did they start to experience them (how many DPO).
Thanks for sharing!
Jeannine


Posted by iahopeful (Member # 11997) on April 23, 2008 08:04 AM:

Hi There. Sore bb's worse than PMS. Emotional like PMS, tired and hungry. The smell of things is beyond normal and even if you don't throw up; you will gag at different smells. Gassy belly in the morning and middle of the night for me. BD is more awesome than normal. especially when your done and there is no AF!
Praying for a BFP for you!
Trish


Posted by iahopeful (Member # 11997) on April 23, 2008 08:07 AM:

p.s. I was tired like a week before AF was going to come but the sore BB's didn't really start until after AF. I normally have pms and i really noticed that I wasn't as bad this time but again symptoms like it showed up after AF was due and didnt show. I also woke up a lot in the middle of the night. I tested negative like 3-4 times before I got the BFP. Clear Blue Easy is the way to go!


Posted by Karen M (Member # 11869) on April 23, 2008 08:50 AM:

WOW I feel like Trish just crawled into my head haha.
Jeannine I had very similar symptoms as Trish. For about a week before AF came I started getting symptoms but I chalked it up to AF coming. My BB's were sore as heck more so than with AF, I too was emotional and very tired. My smell is so out of whack I think my entire family thinks I am crazy. I can smell everythinggggg good and bad and most of it makes me want to throw up although I haven't thrown up yet. Many symptoms came around 13-15 DPO for me and I never thought to test until I realized I was 13 DPO and I used the clearblue easy digital and it came up + within seconds!!


Posted by Jennifer K.Garza (Member # 8951) on April 23, 2008 10:00 AM:

I also have alot of what Trish has. I didnt test until i was 2 days late ( i have Severe Bronchitis and thought i was late from the medications i was on) i have been really gassy
at nights ( i freak out every night thinking its an ectopic only to have it pass i know TMI) other than that my stomach feels different more full than normal but so far no sickness to report but im still early.Oh and im Very MOODY and dizzy i actually told off an old man at the grocery store (not that he didnt deserve it but that is SO Unlike me)
Jenn
TR 2/17/06
MC 8/06 (clomid Cycle)
EP 12/06 (clomid cycle)lost right tube
MC 3/07 (clomid cycle)
BFP 4/15/08 due 12/22 (we werent even TTC but Happy)
1st #s 21
2nd #s 39 (45 hours apart)
next blood draw Thursday and ultrasound Monday wish me luck for a sticky bean [baby]


Posted by J9inOregon (Member # 11760) on April 23, 2008 01:24 PM:

Thank you ladies for your responses. I am only 10DPO.
I know that I absolutely want to be PG and I can be making a big deal out of nothing (which one of us hasn't). Here is what has been going on:
I have been burping and gassy the last two days and I normally am not at all. I avoid anything that would make me gassy but now it doesn't matter what I eat.
My sore BBs started only 4DPO. They usually don't start until 7-8DPO. I usually get irritable one week before I am due. I have to be very conscious of how I act because I feel overwhelmed. This time it started way earlier. Luckily, my DH listens to me say that I know it is me and I am quiet because I am worried about being snippy.
I have had all sorts of weird cramping. I have been clumsy lately and get light headed if I sit up too fast or lean down and then get up. I have a super sensitive nose, but then I usually do. I was writing a note in the kitchen and had to move a sealed bag of marshmellows that were a foot away from me because they smelled to strong. DH couldn't understand how I could smell a sealed bag!
I tested BFN today (but only at 10DPO). So either it is too early or I am just making mountains out of molehills. Just wish I could know now!
Jeannine


Posted by d02bkj (Member # 11900) on April 23, 2008 01:39 PM:

J9inOregon, You got me laughing out loud about the sealed marshmellow bag...I don't know why, I just find it so funny! [Smile] I hope you get your +!


Posted by iahopeful (Member # 11997) on April 23, 2008 01:42 PM:

I was in the same frame of mind and every test was negative and the doctor told me I couldnt come in until i was like 7 days late. I was so anxious it was unreal. Then one day I went to work and smelled the coffee and just gagged. It was then I had a really good feeling I was pregnant. I went out at lunch and bought a test. I went into the bathroom at work and sat there for a good 2 minutes at least (it felt like forever) I thought for sure since it was taking so long it was negative but then I saw it pregnant and hollered OMG!!! it was the digital and all I could do was cry. I ran out grabbed my cell and called my hubby. Then sat in the breakroom and sobbed while my whole department fussed over me. I know it's not good to tell right away but I couldn't keep it in. It was all over my face especially since they all knew we had been trying. I hope you get your very own memorable day real soon!!!


Posted by Karen M (Member # 11869) on April 23, 2008 02:55 PM:

I am feeling soooooooo much better when I read what everyone is writing about their noses!!!
I am literally going crazy with mine all I hear everyday from so many people is "I can't smell anything" "I don't understand how you can smell that" I can't be near anything, and everything smells bad to me or makes me sick. I am glad I am not alone


Posted by J9inOregon (Member # 11760) on April 23, 2008 04:58 PM:

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll keep you posted.
Jeannine


Posted by MichelleToo (Member # 12330) on April 24, 2008 12:01 AM:

I agree witht the ladies... tired, BBs sore, the best part - NO AF! [Smile]
I think one of the worst things about pregnancy for me was the smells. I could smell things when I was pregnant that I didn't even know had an odor before I got pregnant. Honestly, I had to change cleaning products because the toilet bowl cleaner made me sick. I changed deodorants (mine and DH) to unscented because they bothered me so much. I remember once we saw a dog sniffing a bush and I told my DH, you don't think that there is any odor there, but I know exactly what that dog is smelling!! [Big Grin] (Exaggerating a bit..)
Michelle


Posted by MS_LICIA (Member # 9456) on April 24, 2008 10:14 PM:

My SURE sign/symptom were sore BB's.
(at least da nips were)
Very seldom did they ever get as tender as they were. Not even during AF were they sore. Can't recall exactly how many DPO I noticed, but for some reason, it was almost IMMEDIATELY.
I tested like 12 times b4 receiving a BFP on the 5th test. Prior test were negative & it was 2days just b4 AF was due.
Then I tested the day of & got a POSITIVE so light, I thought it was an evap line, which prompted me to test again when I did. Of course
I tested at different times, but I had to make sure. Confirmed it with a FRER test. I did this in the evening. This test recommends you use FMU, I didn't & received a BFP @ 5pm. Go figure.
I'm currently 10wks 1day preggo !! [infant]


Posted by Peach (Member # 6668) on May 29, 2008 08:38 AM:

Curious to know if anyone had cramping through-out the Luteal Phase. I have been cramping a bit.. almost like af, but not as strong.. irritable crampy feeling starting at 2 or 3 dpo. I have been gassy since just before "O". I am now 6dpo! I dont want to look into it much but could this be a sign?
Jan


Posted by caroljean776 (Member # 12436) on May 29, 2008 08:57 AM:

Hi everyone. I'm about 15 DPO and due for my AF in the next couple days (usually have a 35 day cycle) I tested and got neg. but with all my pregnancies (x4) didn't get a BFP until after my missed period, even a blood test was neg. I've had horrible gas pains in am and at nite for the last week - i can lay in bed, push on my belly and pass gas! My Dh brought some lasagna into the bedroom for breakfast a few days ago and I started gagging! I wake up nauseous and go to bed farting! (TMI) I am usually in a bad mood - very edgey - a few days before AF, this week I've just been emotional - wanting to cry for absolutely no reason - but not crabby or mean. Lets keep our hopes up Jeannine! Here's a ? though, did anyone have drippage??? I'm not dry like I should be before AF. I have been dripping clear fluid - very small amounts but enough that I wear a panty liner. Anyone ???


Posted by caroljean776 (Member # 12436) on May 29, 2008 09:00 AM:

Jeannine...your post was a month ago....are you pregnant???


Posted by Rhonda Brown, RN (Member # 9485) on May 29, 2008 10:37 AM:

It is great to see you all sharing your stories and experiences of early pregnancy symptoms . Keep us posted on how things go for all of you.
Rhonda


Posted by Loribeau (Member # 8892) on May 30, 2008 08:38 AM:

Jan~
To answer your question-- I have cramping pretty much throughout the luteal phase, so I've learned not to read anything in to it at this point.

No comments: